Your go-global business has a unique opportunity to expand to niche sales markets to gain a stronger, worldwide customer base, allowing greater brand competition that affords inconceivable market domination, increasing brand reputation/loyalty through sustainable sales margins/long-term market share. Understanding how outsourcing helps businesses – and how to outsource – is crucial to your global brand success, as you can efficiently maximize on international sales opportunities while minimizing operational overhead, improving efficiency/effectivity of administration, operations, and your various departments’ functions, reducing operations/resource costs, and adding value to your brand.
Recently, Callnovo Contact Center – a 17+ tenure digital CX leader – went over viable advantages to contact center outsourcing, mentioning that BPO outsourcing/call center outsourcing/contact center outsourcing offers advantages – like:
- No-bounds Service – affording high-quality service 24/7/365 through omnichannel, multilingual support – ensuring quality customer interactions following cultural norms, leading to top customer experiences (CX) that ensure long-term customer loyalty.
- Reduced Costs – saving up to 60% on costs – such as:
- Labor costs – such as: salaries, payroll taxes, medical insurance, travel allowance, and pension plans,
- Training/Recruitment Costs – such as: initial experience training, sales training, CS soft-skills training, recruiter bonuses, personnel acquisition/recruitment, and recruiter website fees, and
- Workspace, Equipment & Utility Expense Costs – such as: office space rental & maintenance, workspace expansion, construction, computer equipment, headsets, microphones, VoIP and/or Telecom. fees, and electricity, etc.
- Improved Time Efficiency – ensuring you efficiently-utilize time/energy – as outsourced call centers handle interviewing, hiring, training, and continual operations of service personnel internally – ensuring that:
- key knowledge experts are contracted so required job tasks are handled with top performance,
- service personnel have the required proficiency levels, interpersonal and logical thinking skills, customer-centric enthusiasm/service attitude, and product/troubleshooting service experience, and
- your business gains a competitive lead when other brands had/have decided on building an in-house team to handle operations.
In this article, you’ll see how outsourcing helps you take advantage of such benefits while building a long-term customer base that affords a permanently-increasing competitive drive in the global market, leading to a long-term brand legacy built on global sales profit/ financial success;- seeing: (1) types of business processes outsourced, (2) a step-by-step on how to outsource, and (3) an introduction on how Callnovo can help you build solid international brand growth/global sales success via our superb BPO outsourcing solutions.
What Business Processes are Outsourced?
According to a 3rd party (2019), global services held a US$ 92.5 billion dollar value –continually-increasing since then – resulting in the cost-efficient BPO industry growing into a high-demand service provider that fills skill gaps, providing flexibility, enabling global business expansion. As an alternative to costly in-house recruitment/hiring, your business can capitalize on the expertise/financial advantages afforded by outsourcing front-office/back-office processes.
Here’s subcategories describing service locations/functions:
Back-office BPO involves contracting non-customer-facing services – including:
- business process automation,
- human resources,
- quality assurance,
- and others.
Additionally, there’re subtypes:
- IT-enabled services (ITES) – including:
- IT analysts
- legal process outsourcing (LPO) – including:
- paralegals, and
- knowledge process outsourcing (KPO) – including:
- outsourcing individuals skilled in
understanding, implementing, and
managing specific programs.
- outsourcing individuals skilled in
With such processes, you can focus on core processes without wasting time/money on training/onboarding.
Front-office BPO refers to customer-facing services – including:
- technical support (TS),
- sales, and
These services require advanced technical knowledge and can be accomplished easily out-of-house. Outsourcing web development, customer support channels, and/or other front office services ensures you benefit from experts with unique product/service knowledge while minimizing costs.
Onshore/domestic outsourcing involves outsourcing within same-country boundaries; vendors in specific cities, states, or provinces can contract/be contracted for provided services in other cities, states, or provinces within the same country – prompted by different factors:
- the availability of special skills in specific regions,
- and/or differences in local costs/rates.
Nearshore means contracting services in geographically-closer countries – requiring specialized skills at a more competitive cost while considering time-zones/language proficiencies – for example:
- when Silicon Valley companies outsource coding/IT services to Canada-based specialists, and
- when Canadian companies outsource marketing/social media services from a U.S.-based marketing firm.
Offshore refers to internationally-outsourced services – incentivized by available resources, political stability, cheaper labor costs, tax savings, etc.
- companies outsourcing CS via global call center partnerships.
Businesses can access qualified, competitive labor/services, reducing overhead costs, minimizing product/service prices paid by end-users.
A Detailed Guide on How to Outsource
Since we’ve a backbone on BPO subcategories and their respective business processes that can be outsourced, let’s visit essential steps on how to outsource – including factors that’ll help you choose the right contact center partner.
Step 1: Know your Motive for Outsourcing
Regarding outsourcing, there’re many influencing factors:
- cost reductions,
- speed to market,
- access to tools/processes,
- CX improvement,
- scale, and
- a competitive advantage.
Outsourcing involves much consideration; though reasons vary, ensure you measure the impact of partnering for outsourcing services. For example, some businesses contract outsourced services to handle unpredictable customer requests/call volumes their in-house CS department can’t handle; they lack the budget/capacity to scale as needed. Other factors are: the need for extra CSRs to handle increased volumes, minimizing the need for new office space, extensive training/HR costs, etc. Make goals clear, ensuring your team understands outsourcing benefits. Likewise, consider valued customers as long-term advocates; find a provider guaranteed to share relevant experience, channel flexibility, and that provides efficient service.
Step 2: Ensure your Provider Covers Most-contacted Channels
Omnichannel support is crucial to ensuring customers feel valued, enhancing customer engagement since global customers receive the support they need when needed. According to a 3rd party, the most-preferred communication channels are:
- inbound/outbound phone – 36% of customers,
- live chat – 33%,
- email – 25%,
- online support portals – 5%, and
- social media – 2%.
Considering that breakdown, your company should ensure its contact center partner delivers omnichannel support, giving customers flexibility. A good multichannel provider adapts to your needs, creating excellent CX across full channel integration. Ensure the BPO delivers consistent, seamless experiences across the board.
Step 3: Ensure the Right Professionals
Technology – though important to quality customer engagement – isn’t sufficient; top-quality, professional CSRs are highly-important when considering outsourcing providers. Consider that:
- 86% of customers who use chatbots would rather easily be escalated to CSRs,
- 61% hang up if they can’t connect with CSRs,
- 82% want product/service issues solved rapidly when interacting with CSRs, and
- 45% highly-request empathy/friendliness from CSRs.
You should find a provider that delivers access to experienced, trained CSRs; the provider should use a distributed work model that provides workplace flexibility so business agility/reduced overhead is fostered.
Step 4: Consider Onshore vs. Offshore
Though beneficial, outsourcing runs the risk of encouraging poor CX; it’s important to consider onshoring vs. offshoring. When possible, consider onshore contact center partners; offshoring comes with some disadvantages: the above-mentioned, data security issues, communication barriers – especially due to lack of language proficiency and cultural barriers – and, tech differences. Onshoring associates itself with white-glove customer experiences that bring top service quality to life – as onshore centers invest in analytics, automation, and omnichannel tools that enhance service delivery.
Step 5: Encourage Cost-management Flexibility
As flexibility allows your brand to adjust to diverse situations without negatively-impacting CX, support your business continuity by opting for bespoke, pay-as-you-go models – only paying for what you use and scaling up/down as needed; with such, costs are controlled/easily-managed — you won’t need to keep unnecessary resources during off- seasons. You pay only for what you utilize, minimizing over-budgeting and extraneous spending.
Step 6: Think of CS as a Growth Strategy
Today’s CS goes beyond daily brand-consumer interaction; the constantly-changing business landscape – also, consumer behavior – puts pressure on CS functionality. With increasing CS demands, refine/redefine your CS strategy to maximize on alternative models/technology. As such, ensure your chosen provider offers:
- quality, accessible, and knowledgeable CSRs,
- service flexibility that affords scaling solutions when needed, and
- budget control for manageable, predictable costs.
Essentially, find a BPO partner that resonates with your business goals/values; CS outsourcing providers deliver tailorable CS, allowing you real business growth.
Callnovo’s Call Center Outsourcing Solutions – Guaranteeing Enhanced CX
When considering how outsourcing helps businesses – including the above-mentioned tips on how to outsource – choosing the right outsourcing partner is crucial; Callnovo Contact Center is a viable solution that offers stellar BPO outsourcing solutions, ensuring top-tier customer engagement that leads to a long-term, global brand legacy built on increasing global sales profit/global financial success.
As such, Callnovo offers big-time outsourcing advantages:
- High-quality Expertise – quality service with the utmost success, ensuring personnel are skilled in:
- interpersonal communication/logical thinking skills,
- customer-centric enthusiasm/service attitude,
- management/operations skills, and
- product/troubleshooting service experience.
- Always-available Service – maximizing on CX by continually meeting customers’ needs.
- Omnichannel Support – accessible, rapid multichannel contact solutions guaranteeing always-ready support, leading to enhanced CX and influencing long-term brand ambassadorship.
- Native Language Support – meeting customers’ needs, conforming to cultural expectations, and improving brand loyalty.
With the right outsourcing partner, your expanding business can maximize on international sales opportunities while minimizing operational overhead, improving efficiency of administration, operations, and your departments’ functions, reducing operations/resource costs, and adding value to your brand. By considering Callnovo as a solid outsourcing solution, you can take advantage of a comprehensive multilingual, omnichannel customer service outsourcing solution that meets customer expectations, improving customer retention numbers, augmenting your brand reputation, and securing long-term global sales success.