What Callnovo’s Russian Speaking Call Center Can Do For You
- Customer Service in Native Russian
- Sales, Cross-Sell and Up-Sell in Russian
- Technical Support in Russian (Level I, Level II and Level III Support)
- Back Office in Russian
- E-Mail Support in Russian
- Live Chat in Russian
- Phone Answering in Russian
- Order Management in Russian
- Customer Retention in Russian
- Fraud Monitoring and Investigations in Russian
- Russian Social Media Management (VK, OK.ru, Rutube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Market Survey in Russian
- Ozon-ru Seller Customer Service in Russian
- Ebay Seller Customer Service in Russian
- Aliexpress Seller Customer Service in Russian
- Ulmart Customer Service in Russian
Why the Russian Language Speaking Market Is So Important
Russian is spoken by more than 260 million individuals worldwide, and is an official language of Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, as well as the United Nations; and commonly used in Ukraine and Latvia. Russian is the 7th most spoken language in the world by total number of speakers. Russia’s popluation is 144 million, the 9th largest in the world.
Russian is the 2nd most widespread language on the Internet after English. Russia’s internet population is 105 million (73%), the 6th largest in the world. The struggle of the former Soviet Union countries to achieve economic independence has led many of them to facilitate ecommerce, creating plenty of opportunities for international investors and entrepreneurs. Russian B2C e-commerce sales growth is expected to average 11% over the next four years. 58 million Russians are forecast to make $7.5 billion (USD) in online purchases by 2020, plus $4 billion in Ukraine as internet penetration and ecommerce sales continue to grow.
Once a superpower with the 2nd largest economy in the world (the USSR), the successor Russian Federation is now considered a developing modern market economy with superpower potential. Russia joined the World Trade Organization in 2012, then Kazakhstan in 2015, creating many new business opportunities. Russia is a founding member of the BRICS association of emerging national economies.
Russian Language Consumer Market Information
- Russia is the largest country in the world, covering 1/6th of Earth’s landmass, spanning across 11 time zones, and including more than 100 ethnic groups. English is not widely spoken.
- Russophones (Russain speakers) are dispersed throughout other countries of the former Soviet Union including Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Estonia, Georgia, Lithuania, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan, as well as large emigrant populations in Israel, USA, Germany, etc.
- The emergent countries of the former Soviet Union have struggled through numerous political, economic and social challenges since it’s dissolution in 1992.
- The people of the former Soviet Union are extremely proud of their history, traditions and cultural values.
- 74% of Russians live in urban areas, including 12 cities with populations over 1 million.
- The infrastructure in the former Soviet Union is considered seriously underdeveloped, which creates many logistic challenges for businesses seeking to operate there.
- Russian consumers are discerning and sophisticated with an appreciation for quality made items and luxury brands.
- Fashion, beauty, quality electronics (new and used), household appliances and DIY auto parts are popular e-commerce segments.
- Payment options in the former Soviet Union often involve cash because credit cards are not common.
- Couriers often wait for customers to try on clothing and test electronics before receiving cash payments.
- Russian is considered one of the more difficult languages for English speakers to master.