As global economies continue to benefit from the eCommerce boosts resulting from the pandemic, your global eCommerce seller enhancing its customer engagement in a way that resonates with global customers is vital, creating long-lasting brand-customer relationships to augment your long-term brand loyalty/sales market dominance & legacy. With growing opportunities to increment product/service sales via social networking and eCommerce platforms & websites, the demand for products/services via eCommerce has been substantially-growing.
According to a 3rd party:
“e-Commerce is ‘merging into normal commerce;’ the percentage of weekly internet sales compared to retail sales for niche product categories (like consumer electronics [US$ 988.4 billion dollars] and fashion [US$ 904.5 billion dollars] – amongst others) are becoming extremely-significant, having reached a 58.4% average (2022 – only the U.S.). This is expected to increase by 50%+ over the next 4 years.”
With e-Commerce products/service purchase demands growing, meeting high customer expectations while ensuring consumers close out/enjoy purchases – while ensuring a superb CX that influences their long-term loyalty/brand ambassadorship – is highly-crucial. Customer loyalty alone, according to Callnovo Contact Center’s article on the best CS practices to build customer loyalty, offers vital advantages that improve overall global sales success – such as:
- share-of-wallet augmentation,
- brand ambassadorship, and
- more formidable trust.
To capitalize on high brand loyalty advantages and ensure you build the strong, global brand growth & sales success needed to dominate your niche sales markets and strive for a long-lasting brand legacy, it’s highly-important to consider eCommerce outsourcing/eCommerce customer service outsourcing benefits and key best practices; in this article, let’s touch on:
- eCommerce CS support outsourcing advantages,
- eCommerce outsourcing/eCommerce customer service outsourcing best practices, and
- how Callnovo’s customer-centric, multilingual & omnichannel call center/contact center outsourcing solutions help take eCommerce Sellers’ brand( success to the next level.
eCommerce Outsourcing/eCommerce Customer Service Outsourcing
eCommerce Outsourcing Advantages
If your e-Commerce company is looking to increase its customer loyalty & brand reputation – and its global brand reach – eCommerce outsourcing is viable. According to Callnovo’s guide to contact center outsourcing:
“BPO is grandly-necessary – as, by outsourcing business functions, you’ll efficiently/effectively maximize on international sales opportunities while minimizing operational overhead, improving efficiency/effectivity of administration, operations, and your departments’ functions, reducing operations/resource costs/adding value to your brand.“
While Callnovo shares from a general perspective, BPO outsourcing advantages highly-translate to the e-Commerce industry. Let’s go over eCommerce outsourcing/eCommerce customer service outsourcing benefits:
- Cost Savings: Your eSeller can reduce the necessity of investing into an in-house CS department – which’d involve training, salary, and benefits costs; to save, you can choose contact centers’ fixed monthly fees which allow CS support at a lower price. Furthermore, you can scale down in-house fees to match an appropriate budget that works for you.
- Core Business Functions in Focus: You can prioritize core functions to manage your reputation effectively; by having outsourced vendors handle your operations, you can focus on developing effective strategies to improve your brand & minimize and/or mitigate threats to your reputation.
- Skilled Professionals at your Fingertips: 3rd-party contact centers train & certify CSRs to deliver quality CS for any eCommerce business need; they prepare CSRs to provide 24/7/365 support that builds/maintains positive customer reviews for your provided products/services.
- Efficiency Incrementation: An outsourced call center’s operations policies/procedures will match your business needs/goals; you can expect top-tier e-Commerce CS. Furthermore, call centers secure enhanced efficiency & quick time-to-market when you launch new products/service offerings.
eCommerce Customer Service Outsourcing Best Practices
Now that we’ve gone over key eCommerce outsourcing/eCommerce customer service outsourcing advantages, let’s visit 8 eCommerce CS outsourcing best practices that’ll help you take advantage of those benefits – and ensure customer-centric service that guarantees quality customer engagement and leads to fantastic CX, ensuring great, long-term brand loyalty that brings long-term, global market success.
Clearly-communicate Outsourcing Goals
Knowing/communicating your goals is a great success builder; this should include everything from cost savings to improved CS. Once you know what’s wanted, you’ll find the right provider easily.
There’re many outsourcing service options to consider; here’s a few:
- customer service & support,
- back office processing,
- accounting & finance,
- data entry,
- web design/hosting, and
- legal services.
Once you’ve defined your goals, outline your expectations in terms of your provider. For example:
- Are you looking to outsource part of an existing project – or all of it?
- What level of involvement do you expect in terms of functional responsibility/decision-making authority?
Be clear on what you require/expect from your outsourcing relationship to avoid hiccups later on.
Consider Hidden Costs
Before signing an outsourced call center service agreement, ask what hidden costs are associated (if any); some providers may charge extraneous fees for additional services, software upgrades, or technical support. Ensure you’re being billed by the hour – if not, there could be unexpected charges. If certain services aren’t needed, ensure they’re not priced. What this entails more than anything is that you understand the billing model – as being clear on what’s expected and how much it’ll cost mitigates misunderstandings further on.
Don’t Take KPIs for Granted
KPIs are important as they track/measure your outsourcing relationship’s success. Be very specific when evaluating KPIs; for example, you might want your outsourcing partner to decrease order processing time by 20% – or increase first-call resolution for inbound service calls.
The tasks you plan on outsourcing determine which KPIs should be tracked; here’s general KPIs often-used when outsourcing:
- project budget & spending,
- service quality,
- service delivery efficiency, and
- service level agreements (SLAs) being met or not met.
Take time to identify which KPIs are relevant before outsourcing to accurately-track your project’s success.
Communicate on Ownership Early
When beginning a business outsourcing partnership, discussing who owns what is vital; you should agree on ownership before moving forward – otherwise, you risk one party taking all the credit for success.
Here’s some ways to deal with that:
- Work-for-hire: The outsourcer is considered an employee of the company and all completed workloads are the hiring company’s property.
- Assignment of intellectual property (IP): The outsourcer assigns to the hiring company all created rights to the IP.
- Retained rights: Your outsourcer agrees to refrain from using completed workloads for any purpose outside the signed agreement – meaning, if they want to conjure a separate agreement, they’d need your approval first.
Know your Provider’s Capacity
Before entering into an outsourcing provider agreement, do your best to understand their capacity. You can ask:
- What’s their normal workload?
- How many projects do they work on concurrently?
- What’s the size of their team?
If you’ve a big project needing completion in a short time period, ensure the contact center can handle the workload – as, you don’t want to have them tell you they’re too busy to take on a heavier workload after the project’s launch. On the other hand, if you’re outsourcing a non-time-sensitive type of project, you can be flexible with your provider’s capacity; just ensure to discuss this upfront to evade surprises down the road.
Don’t Be Blinded by Costs
Don’t be overly-concerned with costs; though it’s tempting to opt for the cheapest options, costs aren’t the only factor influencing your vendor choice; consider the other factors – like outsourcing experience, service quality, and reputation. It may be worth paying more for a better-quality outsourced center.
Here’re key considerable qualities:
- Quality – including meeting deadlines, ensuring accuracy, and providing a top-tier, finished product,
- Experience – asking:
- how long has the provider been in business, and
- do they have specific experience in your industry/niche?
- Reputation – asking:
- what do others say about the provider, and
- are they satisfied with the provider’s service?
Choose the Right Outsourced Center
Here’s additional factors to consider when choosing a partner:
- the type of work needing completed,
- outsourcing business’ size,
- experience level(s),
- type of services offered,
- geographical locations, and
- languages offered.
In some cases, using an outsourcing broker to find the right provider is helpful; they’ve experience working with a variety of outsourcing companies and can correctly-match you with the right one to meet your business needs.
Callnovo’s Customer-centric Solutions for Brand Loyalty Growth
Callnovo Contact Center enhances teams with excellent, customer-centric outsourcing solutions that ensure strong, global, long-term brand loyalty growth in accordance with the above-mentioned e-Commerce customer service outsourcing practices.
Some key advantages are:
- High-quality Expertise – quality service personnel skilled in areas as:
- customer-centric enthusiasm/service attitude,
- strong communication & soft-skills,
- intuitive logical thinking skills,
- complex product/service knowledge/skills, and
- acute management/operations skills.
- Always-available Service – maximizing customer satisfaction/CX by continually meeting customers’ needs without limit.
- Omnichannel Support – accessible, rapid contact solutions through all comm. channels – guaranteeing always-ready support, leading to enhanced CX, influencing long-term customer brand ambassadorship/customer loyalty.
- Native Language Support – meeting customers’ needs efficiently, conforming to cultural expectations, improving customer loyalty.
To ensure you take advantage of the before-mentioned e-Commerce outsourcing customer loyalty benefits and successfully put in place mentioned e-Commerce outsourcing best practices, it’s highly important to consider how outsourced contact centers with the right eCommerce service experience, stellar service quality, and a strong brand reputation can help. To support you, Callnovo offers a customer-centric multilingual, omnichannel outsourcing solution to meet high eCommerce customer expectations, improving your brand’s customer loyalty, leading to global sales success.