“Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, the Southeastern Asian and Oceanian country of Indonesia, with an estimated overall population of 267 million people, is a rapidly growing market for eCommerce sales; with its ongoing trend of steady gross domestic product growth (GDP) which currently tops 1.08 trillion U.S. dollars – and, its B2C e-Commerce market currently worth 13.6 billion U.S. dollars – global eCommerce sellers (i.e.eBay Sellers, Lazada Sellers, Shopee Sellers, Online e-Commerce Store Sellers, etcetera) have a grand and untapped opportunity to expand their sales into the Indonesian eCommerce market to gain a strong competitive advantage against their competitors in the global market. With such an opportunity to expand to a steadily increasing eCommerce market that is big in eCommerce selling, Callnovo Contact Center is active and ready to help eCommerce sellers looking to tap into the Indonesian eCommerce market to provide localized customer service that increases customer acquisition and that influences Indonesian customers to become long-term loyal customers to the brands that they purchase from.”
The Republic of Indonesia – a Steadily Booming eCommerce Market with Strong Market Potential
The Republic of Indonesia in Southeastern Asia and Oceania is a ripe market for e-Commerce sellers looking to expand eCommerce sales growth and find a stronger competitive advantage in the global market; while Indonesia is a young country, it has gradually began flourishing in eCommerce sales potential. Current statistics show an ongoing trend of steady gross domestic product growth (GDP) – topping 1.08 trillion U.S. dollars; likewise, Indonesia’s online shopping sector is expected to grow abundantly, placing it amongst the countries with the highest projected eCommerce growth over the next four years. As of the end of 2020, Indonesia’s eCommerce revenue has been forecast to exceed approximately USD$ 38.12 million dollars by the end of 2021 and is expected to show an annual growth rate of 10.2% (CAGR 2021-2025), with market volume expected to reach USD$ 56.36 million dollars by 2025.
The Republic of Indonesia: Consumer Tendencies that Influence Customer Service
Consumer Tendencies with Regards to Marketplace Preference
For global eCommerce sellers looking to expand their brand reach to the Indonesian e-Commerce market, it is vitally important to understand some of the characteristics that influence the provision of exemplary customer service to build trust with Indonesian consumers and influence their loyalty to eCommerce brands. One key characteristic to consider is the current existence of e-Commerce marketplaces within the country; by understanding consumer shopper tendency, eCommerce sellers can reach native Indonesian consumers where they’re at, maximizing on eCommerce business’ brand reach and sales potential. Currently, the international marketplace, Shopee, shows the most success in terms of native Indonesian eCommerce online visitors – having reached a milestone of 90 million average website visits in 2020. Indonesia’s local marketplace, Tokopedia, currently marks an average of a whopping 148.5 million visitors in monthly traffic and is an easy marketplace to open seller accounts with and to start selling from. Other top marketplaces include: (1) Bukalapak (an average monthly traffic rate of 95.1 million website visitors), (2) Lazada Indonesia (an average monthly visitor traffic rate of 47.8 million consumers), and (3) Blibli (a monthly average of 34.2 million visitors).
Consumer Tendencies with Regards to Customer Service
Regarding Indonesian shoppers’ preferences for customer service, it is important to note that – as of 2018 – more than 44% of all Indonesian e-Commerce shoppers prefer social media use to connect with eCommerce brands. The main social class driving eCommerce is the middle class – at an average age of 25-34 years old, meaning that mobile platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Path, for example) have become the social networking apps of preference by which Indonesian shoppers connect with eCommerce customer service.In addition to this, Indonesian consumers prefer open customer service opportunities as an integral part of their overall customer experience (CX), preferring service that is available via all communication and telecom channels (phone calls, SMS messaging, live chat with conversational AI, email, and social media) so that there are no hiccups in service and so that they can receive rapid service with speedy responses and complete solutions to each pre-sales / post-sales inquiry or issue. Indonesian eCommerce customers likewise prefer to be offered perks – such as free shipping and the opportunity for returns and refunds. Indonesian consumers also expect customer service representatives (CSRs) to provide solid solutions with accurate information – especially when it comes to product shipments; consumers expect to be given information In real-time and do not like to wait for solutions.
Callnovo Contact Center: A Viable Option to Providing Exceptional Localized Customer Service in the Indonesian Language
Since the Indonesian e-Commerce market is beginning to flourish in eCommerce sales potential, offering global eCommerce sellers a currently untapped opportunity to further sales growth and find a better competitive edge in the global market that leads to strong long-term sales success, it is extremely important for e-Commerce businesses to consider providing localized customer service in the Indonesian language that maximizes on Indonesian consumers’ satisfaction experiences; some of the specific advantages to providing native language customer support are:
- the cultivation of trust and loyalty: 74% of global consumers prefer to make purchases via eCommerce companies that provide native language support, increasing customer trust, as well as brand loyalty
- the expansion of a customer base: providing native language customer support increases consumers’ purchase options and allows e-Commerce companies to reach a wider audience
- the easy facilitation of customer communication: allowing customers to express concerns more naturally boosts the quality and efficiency of customer service also builds brand value
- the augmentation of sales: native language support brings competitors’ customers to e-Commerce businesses since at least 35% of end-user consumers are genuinely open to switching to brands that offer such localized customer service support
Our very own Callnovo Contact Center which has been specializing in outsourced multilingual customer service and tech support for more than 16 years is dedicated to helping Indonesian-market-expanding global eCommerce sellers provide high-quality 24/7/365 multilingual and omnichannel customer service that gives online consumers a thorough customer service experience that successfully meets their consumer needs in an efficient manner and at the moment that they need such service – right where they’re at. Callnovo is a valuable choice for global eCommerce companies looking to enter the Indonesian market because provide full language support and also utilize an advanced, state-of-the-art Global Omnichannel SaaS Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Platform that allows customer service teams’ CSRs to have a complete overview of every consumer during the entire life-cycle of the customer service relationship – including sales and purchase information – allowing customer service agents to provide accurate and timely solutions that increment eCommerce customers’ satisfaction experiences; the system is so beneficial that it can move eCommerce companies forward in shifting them from just being productive to being inherently consumer-centered. Some of our most highlighted Global Omnichannel Cloud CRM platform’s features are:
- 35+ UI Languages and Global Time Zones – multilingual customer service in the world’s most highly-spoken languages (Bahasa Indonesia, English, Spanish, Mandarin / Cantonese, French, Japanese, Korean, Russian, German, Turkish, Arabic, Portuguese – amongst others) – perfect for engaging with native leads and existing customers
- Omnichannel Communication and Telecom Platform Integration – promoting a fully interactive customer experience that builds strong brand advocation amongst local consumers
- Activation and Hosting – ensuring the easy facilitation of active communication between eCommerce companies and their cross-border consumers
- ACD Queues – to facilitate a pleasant customer waiting experience while active calls are being handled
- IVR with Time Conditions based on Artificial Intelligence – for faster routing of customer inquiries which mitigates the lowering of caller abandon rates and improves customer satisfaction experiences, as well as provides constructive customer feedback
- Role-based Ticket Assigning and Monitoring –ensuring the successful flow of customer service roles in order to provide faster serviceand evade customer service agent confusion
- KPI Monitoring and SLA Monitoring – to protect businesses and their customers from issues and to also provide operations detailed data on how to improve the customer service experience
- Other Features:
- SCAT and Q&A
- Team-based Manual and Smart Notifications
- Knowledge Base
- Micro-learning and Quizzing
- Multi-client Shared Agents
- Amazon Seller Central Integration
- Shopify Back-end Integration
Callnovo offers one of the most optimal solutions for successfully connecting with and selling products to Indonesian online consumers. Whether your eCommerce company would be looking to test the Indonesian market waters – or, if your business has already found integration into the Indonesian market – our outsourced contact center has the expert native Indonesian language customer service team and state-of-the-art technology needed to ensure that your business successfully communicates with Indonesian shoppers without any cultural or language barriers, ensuring that consumers receive high-satisfaction customer experiences that influence them to remain loyal to your brand and to also motivate others to shop for your products, ensuring a stronger competitive advantage in the global market by your eCommerce seller’s amplified brand reach, its strengthened customer acquisition and brand loyalty, and its secured long-term eCommerce sales success.