Within the U.S. medical billing industry, excellent customer service is crucial to meeting clients’ standards, achieving long-term growth/success; recent data (Healthcare Financial Management Association) shows 87% of medical patients feel healthcare providers should offer a positive customer experience. Additionally, patients prioritize the following service standards as direly-important to overall satisfaction:
- Personalized Service: clients value personalized medical billing service, desiring to feel they’re more than just a number and their unique needs/concerns are addressed; an Accenture survey found 75% of patients likely to choose a provider offering personalized medical billing services.
- Transparency: patients value transparency, wanting to know what services are being billed, how much they’ll be charged, and why they’re charged a certain amount. The Consumer Reports National Research Center shows 53% of patients received a medical bill higher than expected.
- Responsiveness: a survey (Black Book Market Research) proposed 86% of healthcare consumers consider responsiveness to client inquiries as highly-important to their satisfaction with medical billing services, as prompt responses increase satisfaction, preventing client frustration.
- Billing Accuracy: accuracy is another important aspect; medical billing errors are costly for medical clients & healthcare providers – and, a survey (Medical Group Management Association) shows it’s the 2nd most important factor in terms of client satisfaction with medical billing companies.
Did you know: according to a PYMNTS.com study, 67% of patients experienced frustration with medical billing processes, citing long wait times & poor communication as major contributors. Likewise, another study (Becker’s Hospital Review) revealed patients are increasingly-dissatisfied with surprise medical bills/hidden fees. As a result, there’s indication that in-house medical billing customer service teams may not be meeting clients’ standards as well as they should/could be.
To combat such challenging medical consumer customer service standards, medical billing businesses should consider medical billing customer service outsourcing solutions advantages that ensure your medical billing company successfully-meets patients’ needs, leading to high CX.
In this article, we’ll cover:
- common pain points medical billing companies encounter when providing customer service,
- how outsourced medical billing customer service help medical billing businesses exceed patients’ service expectations, and
- how Callnovo Contact Center can assist your U.S. medical billing company in overcoming associated pain points, leading to greater client satisfaction and long-term business growth & success.
Medical Billing Customer Support Pain Points
Ensuring top-notch medical billing customer support in-house can be challenging with the high level of medical client service standards; here’re some common pain points U.S. medical billing companies face:
- Increased Patient Dissatisfaction: a study (Journal of Medical Practice Management) suggests 96% of patients’ complaints are related to medical billing & insurance issues; poor customer service leads to increased patient dissatisfaction, negative online reviews, and loss of business.
- Lengthy Wait Times: long call wait times, unanswered emails, and slow response times lead to medical billing client frustration & dissatisfaction; a Merritt Hawkins study found: while an ideal threshold for call wait time should only be 2-3 minutes, the average amount of time patients wait to speak with a billing representative is approx. 11-and-a-half minutes.
- Billing Errors & Confusion: medical billing is a complex, confusing process, – and, errors easily occur; a Medical Group Management Association survey shows ~80% of medical bills contain errors – which oftentimes lead to billing disputes, delayed payments, and damaged business-client relationships.
- Lack of Transparency: transparency is important – as medical patients want to know how their money is being spent; an Accenture study found: 89% of patients want to know medical care costs upfront – however, many medical billing companies lack transparency in their pricing/billing processes, leading to mistrust & client dissatisfaction.
Outsourced Customer Service Advantages to Ensure High-quality Medical Billing Customer Service
Top-quality outsourced medical billing customer service solutions allow U.S. medical billing businesses to address associated pain points. Here’re outsourced customer service advantages for your medical billing company:
- Response Time Improvement: outsourced customer service teams handle high channel volumes, resulting in prompt, timely responses to patient inquiries; according to ContactBabel, medical billing customer service outsourcing providers typically-respond within 30 seconds to 2 minutes in contrast to the 11-and-a-half minutes for in-house medical billing customer service teams, leading to highly-improved patient satisfaction & stellar positive CX.
- Transparency: since patients want to know how their money is being spent, transparency is critical to building medical client-to-business trust; medical billing customer service outsourcing providers’ teams ensure clear, accurate, upfront communication about billing/pricing, leading to improved patient satisfaction & trust.
- Reduced Billing Errors/Confusion: though medical billing is complex, and errors easily occur, medical billing customer service outsourcing teams help reduce billing errors by implementing standard communication protocols & regularly following up on patient inquiries – thus preventing billing disputes, delayed payments, and damaged business-client relationships.
Overall, medical billing outsourcing has a grand advantage in meeting your medical patients’ service expectations while maintaining a high level of medical billing customer service.
Callnovo Contact Center’s Medical Billing Customer Service Outsourcing Solutions Ensure Top-notch Service
As an 18-year-tenured, leading outsourced customer service provider, Callnovo Contact Center is highly-experienced in providing outsourced medical billing customer service solutions for US-based medical billing companies, building strong trust/confidence amongst medical clients, leading to long-term success behind a prestine reputation; Callnovo’s outsourced medical billing services are designed to address key pain points medical billing clients face, improving customer satisfaction and promoting long-term business growth & success.
Callnovo ensures the following advantages:
- Strong Expertise: Callnovo’s personnel receive extensive training & experience in the medical billing industry, allowing complex billing issues to be handled with ease and expert advice provided to clients. With medical billing software knowledge, strong communication skills, strong problem-solving skills, ample customer service skills, and acute attention to detail, Callnovo’s personnel can handle sensitive medical billing info. with the utmost confidentiality.
- Error-free Billing: Callnovo’s extensive medical billing experience mitigates common billing errors, ensuring clients receive accurate bills – which minimizes billing disputes, delayed payments, and damaged business-client relationships.
- Transparency: Callnovo provides clients with upfront cost estimates & detailed billing statements, ensuring clients understand how their money is being spent.
- Coverage w/out Limits: Callnovo’s personnel are available to assist medical billing clients with billing inquiries, case updates, and general support at all times & whenever required, ensuring clients’ issues are addressed in a timely & efficient manner, minimizing wait times & reducing frustration.
Here’s a client case example: In March 2023, Callnovo formed a rapidly-growing partnership with a burgeoning medical billing provider; the medical billing company began with just 2 CSRs sharing a strong medical collections background, strong communication skills, strong attention to detail, proactiveness, and acute customer service soft skills. Rapidly, after the first month – and as a result of the medical billing customer service outsourcing team’s stellar support – the medical billing company decided to move 1 of the CSRs to their billing department and scale to a third medical billing service team member. As of now, Callnovo’s team of bilingual English & Spanish speaking CSRs successfully-support the client with handling outbound bill calls, reporting demographics, tending to patient inquiries, and following-up on medical claims. Callnovo’s adept customer support team handles operations at a top level to ensure the medical billing business’ clients’ service standards are exceeded, leading to the company’s long-term business growth & success.
Excellent customer service is crucial for U.S. medical billing businesses to meet high client standards, ensuring long-term growth & success; to combat the challenges associated with superb medical billing customer service, it’s highly-important to consider outsourced medical billing customer service solutions that ensure top-tier service for your medical patients. By partnering with Callnovo Contact Center, your medical billing company is guaranteed to benefit from experienced medical billing professionals to improve your customer service processes, leading to greater client trust, long-term growth & success, and a strong business image.